This Strawberry Vinaigrette is a delicious and healthy way to add fruity flavor to your salads! This recipe is easy to make in just a few minutes with simple ingredients including strawberries (fresh or frozen), olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Strawberry vinaigrette is ready in minutes with just a few simple ingredients. It's a tasty way to add fruity flavor to your salads!
This recipe is super easy to make with strawberries, olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar.
If you have strawberries that are a little past their best, this vinaigrette is a great way to use them up! I love the way it adds a sweet yet tangy flavor to salads.
This strawberry vinaigrette is perfect on many salads, and it's particularly delicious with a simple salad of spinach leaves, sliced strawberries, and slices of ripe avocado. Drizzle with the dressing and top with some chopped nuts or a tablespoon of seeds and you have a tasty, healthy salad in minutes!
The sweet and tangy flavor of the dressing pairs well with leafy greens and other salad ingredients. Try it today and enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal!
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- Strawberry Vinaigrette is light and refreshing.
- It's perfect with salads and veggies.
- This dressing adds a sweet, tart flavor.
- It's an easy and healthy dressing option.
- It's great on salad, as well as fruit salad!
- This is a dairy-free salad dressing recipe.
- It's super simple to make - just add all ingredients to a blender and whiz.
- You can make it vegan by using sugar, agave, or maple syrup instead of honey.
- Only 29 kcals per serving.
- If it's summer and your strawberries are really sweet, you don't even need to add any additional sweetener.
- It's a gorgeous bright red color.
- This salad dressing adds a punch of flavor.
- It is a tasty and healthy alternative to store-bought salad dressings.
- Strawberries - You can use fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries for this vinaigrette.
- Olive oil - I prefer extra virgin olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar - or swap to apple cider vinegar if you prefer the taste.
- Sugar - or swap to honey or maple syrup. TIP: You can omit using any sweetener if your strawberries are very sweet.
- Salt and pepper - used to season your strawberry vinaigrette and balance the flavors.
See the recipe card for the full method and quantities.
If you're wondering how to make this strawberry vinaigrette recipe, don't worry, it's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Cut off the green tops of the strawberries. If using frozen strawberries, thaw them first.
Add all ingredients except the oil to a blender and whiz briefly to puree the strawberries.
Add the oil and whiz again briefly to combine.
Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
Store in a sanitized jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use as a salad dressing with your favorite salad recipe.
- Drizzle over fresh fruit.
- Serve over grilled chicken.
- Drizzle over grilled vegetables.
- Sweet/savory topping for vanilla ice cream.
- Glaze for roasted pork.
- Sauce for shrimp tacos.
- Glaze for turkey cutlets.
- Dressing for slaw.
- Drizzle onto a spinach and strawberry salad.
- Switch up the flavor by using maple syrup or honey instead of sugar.
- Swap the balsamic vinegar for apple cider vinegar.
- Use blueberries or raspberries instead of strawberries for a totally different fruit vinaigrette.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice or lime juice for a more tart flavor.
Store: Store your strawberry vinaigrette in a sanitized jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Whether your need sweetener, or how much, will depend on how sweet your strawberries are, and how sweet you like your dressing. If your strawberries are quite sweet, try leaving the sugar out, then make the dressings, taste it and blend in sugar if necessary.
Oil and vinegar. This strawberry vinaigrette recipe has olive oil and balsamic vinegar, plus strawberries, sugar, salt and pepper.
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
- 1 ½ cups strawberries (200g)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey or maple syrup - omit if your strawberries are very sweet)
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut off and discard the green tops of the strawberries.
- Add all ingredients except the oil to a blender and whiz briefly to puree the strawberries.
- Add the oil and whiz again briefly to combine.
- Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
This is such a nice and refreshing vinaigrette. Perfect summer salads!
Made this for our salad but our chicken dipped into it was fabulous too!
It was really easy. I made a batch to use up some pretty flavorless winter strawberries we had. It was really good! I added honey.
I love strawberry vinaigrette. The balsamic is a wonderful combination with the berries too...it was delish drizzled on raw spinach!
I love making my own dressing and t his one was very different to any I've made before. So much healthier, fresh, and I know what's in it as opposed to store-bought. It was really good and the kids loved it - made them eat more salad.