These Mango Coconut Bars are totally tropical! They're sweet and tangy, plus they're super easy to make! You only need 5 ingredients and 25 minutes for this gluten-free 1-bowl cake bar recipe.
Mango coconut bars are a delicious dessert. They are made with only a few simple ingredients and require very little preparation time.
They're mostly made from coconut, so are like coconut macaroon bars, but with big juicy chunks of mango added!
Simply mix the cake base, with coconut, eggs, sugar and melted butter. Pour it into a pan, add chunks of mango (fresh or defrosted frozen), bake and enjoy!
The combination of mango and coconut creates a tasty tropical flavor that is both sweet and tart.
I love that they're naturally gluten-free, so they're a great option to bring to a cake sale or party. They also have a wonderfully summery and tropical flavor.
This is also the sort of super easy recipe that you can get the kids to help with! You just dump everything except the mango into a bowl and mix. Easy peasy.
If you have a sweet tooth and love desserts, be sure to also try Marshmallow Chocolate Cake, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, or Meringue Lollipops!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You only need 5 simple ingredients.
- It's a 1-bowl recipe.
- This mango coconut bars dessert is naturally gluten-free.
- Make it dairy free by using dairy free butter.
- You can use fresh chunks of mango, or defrost frozen mango.
- These coconut mango bars are ready in just 25 minutes.
- Mango - you can use fresh chunks of mango, frozen (defrosted), or swirl in a few tablespoons of mango puree.
- Shredded coconut - also called desiccated coconut. This forms the bulk of the bars and adds great flavor.
- Egg - you'll need 3 eggs to bind and add volume to the bars.
- Sugar - regular granulated white sugar.
- Butter - a little melted butter helps to bind the sheet cake ingredients together and adds rich flavor.
See the recipe card for the full method and quantities.
If you're wondering how to make this Mango Coconut Bars recipe, don't worry, it's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Prep: Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with baking parchment paper.
Mix the coconut cake base: In a large bowl, mix the coconut, eggs, sugar, and butter together well.
Prepare for baking: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, then press the mango pieces into the surface of the batter.
Bake to perfection: Cook for 20 mins or until golden brown and set, then cool in the pan before cutting.
- Try swapping the mango for other fruit! Chunks of pineapple or papaya work great. Or try berries, like raspberries.
- For even more coconut flavor, add a dash of coconut extract.
- Try adding a few tablespoons of chopped pistachios.
- Add some white chocolate chips to the bars, or drizzle cooled mango coconut bars with a little melted chocolate or white chocolate.
Keep your bars in an airtight container on the counter (or fridge if it's warm out) for up to 4 days.
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
Mango Coconut Bars
- 9x13-inch baking pan
- 2 ¼ cups shredded coconut
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup melted butter (cooled slightly)
- 1 cup mango (fresh or frozen and thawed, chopped into small pieces)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” baking pan with baking parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut, eggs, sugar, and butter together well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, then press the mango pieces into the surface of the batter.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and set, then cool in the pan before cutting.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
Yum! These brought a little bit of the tropics to our winter. I love how easy they were to make and only used a few ingredients.
These were so delicious! I needed a little tropical flavor in my life with these Winter blues! I will be making again!
Easy and delicious, this one is a keeper. I know I’m going to make it over and over again!