Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches are tasty frozen treats that are super simple to make! Easy creamy homemade chocolate pudding ice cream is layered with crunchy graham crackers for a 4-ingredient nostalgic summer dessert.
Indulge in the irresistible combination of creamy homemade chocolate pudding ice cream sandwiched between crunchy graham crackers with Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches.
These delightful frozen treats are not only incredibly tasty but also incredibly easy to make.
Get ready to experience the perfect nostalgic summer dessert in just a few simple steps!
Sure, you could use store bought chocolate ice cream, but let me convince you to make pudding ice cream!
Pudding ice cream is super easy to make. You whisk the instant chocolate pudding and milk, but also add in a secret: canned condensed milk.
This turns it really creamy and makes it freeze well.
So you just whisk up the pudding, chill it for a few minutes, then spoon it onto squares of graham crackers. Add another cracker on top to make a sandwich, then freeze!
My son absolutely adores these ice cream sandwiches. Chocolate, vanilla, pistachio - any pudding flavor is possible.
I love that they're budget-friendly, have ingredients that I usually have on hand in the pantry, and are sooo easy to make a big batch of!
Serve them up at a pool party along with Peach Upside Down Cake and some iced tea!
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- This recipe requires minimal effort and can be prepared in a short amount of time. It's perfect for when you're craving a delicious dessert but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen.
- Graham crackers and chocolate pudding evoke a sense of nostalgia, reminding us of childhood summer days and carefree indulgence.
- While the recipe calls for chocolate pudding, you can experiment with different flavors of instant pudding mix to suit your preferences. Get creative and try variations like vanilla, butterscotch, or even strawberry!
- Whether you're hosting a gathering or simply treating yourself, these ice cream sandwiches are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Everyone, from kids to adults, will love the combination of crunchy graham crackers and creamy pudding.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix: The star ingredient that creates the creamy and chocolatey filling. Feel free to experiment with other flavors of instant pudding mix for variety.
- Milk: The base for the pudding mix, milk adds creaminess to the filling. You can use any type of milk, such as whole milk or 2% milk.
- Condensed Milk: Adds sweetness and richness to the filling.
- Graham Crackers: The classic choice for ice cream sandwich layers, graham crackers provide a delicious crunch and a hint of honey flavor. You can also substitute them with other types of cookies or biscuits if desired.
See the recipe card for the full method and quantities.
If you're wondering how to make this graham cracker ice cream sandwich recipe, don't worry, it's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Add the milk, condensed milk and pudding to a mixing bowl and whisk for 2 minutes until it begins to thicken.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to chill and thicken further.
Place half of the graham cracker squares onto baking sheets (you can line it with a silpat so they don’t slip around).
Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of pudding mix on each of the graham cracker squares on the trays, then add the remaining graham crackers on top to make 18 square sandwiches.
Place the trays in the freezer for at least 1 hour or until the pudding is firm.
Store in the freezer in containers, or wrap the trays in plastic wrap, until ready to enjoy.
- Flavor Swap: Try different flavors of instant pudding mix, such as vanilla, butterscotch, or even pistachio, for a unique twist on the classic recipe.
- Mix-ins: Add some extra texture and flavor by incorporating crushed nuts, chocolate chips, or even mini marshmallows into the pudding mix before assembling the sandwiches.
- Dipped in Chocolate: For an extra indulgent treat, dip the edges of the assembled ice cream sandwiches in melted chocolate and allow them to set before serving.
- Funfetti: Before freezing, add funfetti sprinkles around the edges of the pudding ice cream.
Store the prepared Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- To make assembly easier, break the graham crackers into square halves before you begin.
- Use a heaping tablespoon of pudding mix for each graham cracker square to ensure a generous and creamy filling.
- Line the baking sheets with a silicone baking mat (such as a Silpat) or parchment paper to prevent the graham cracker squares from sliding around.
Of course! But I urge you to try the instant pudding ice cream filling - it's super easy and tastes great.
Absolutely! Adjust the size of the graham cracker squares and the amount of filling to make larger or smaller ice cream sandwiches, depending on your preference.
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cookie sheet
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 18 whole graham crackers (each broken into two square halves)
- Add the milk, condensed milk and pudding to a mixing bowl and whisk for 2 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to chill and thicken further.
- Place half of the graham cracker squares onto baking sheets (line with a silpat so they dont’ slip around).
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of pudding mix on each of the graham cracker squares on the trays, then add the remaining graham crackers on top to make 18 square sandwiches.
- Place the trays in the freezer for at least 1 hour or until the pudding is firm.
- Store in the freezer in containers, or wrap the trays in plastic wrap, until ready to enjoy.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.