This easy no-bake Eggnog Pie is creamy and full of festive egg nog flavor! This recipe is a simple and tasty make-ahead holiday dessert that everyone will love.
You're going to love this creamy, tasty, festive no bake Eggnog Pie!
Not only does this holiday pie taste amazing (hello eggnog and nutmeg!), but it is sooo simple to put together.
You only need simple ingredients like a carton of eggnog, a box of vanilla instant pudding and a tub of frozen whipped topping.
Add just a few other ingredients and beat it until thick and well combined. So far, so simple!
Then, all you need to do it pour it into a Graham cracker crust and chill it until firm.
Seriously simple. Seriously delicious!
I love whipping this eggnog pie up for holiday potlucks, parties and when we have family coming to stay.
My kids are always asking for it too! It's just so darned tasty and easy!
We hope you love it as much as we do.
Serve it up with some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars or a few Meringue Lollipops for a dessert table that tastes as good as it looks.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's a festive dessert that you can make a few days ahead and store in the fridge.
- Use up leftover eggnog in this tasty pie!
- This is a no-bake pie.
- This eggnog pie is full of holiday flavors that everyone will love.
- It's super easy to whip up the ingredients for the filling, fill a store-bought pie crust and then just chill it until firm.
- Eggnog: Be sure it's regular full fat eggnog, not fat-free, for the best results.
- Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix: You'll need a small box of instant pudding. Definitely instant, not the one that needs to be cooked!
- Frozen Whipped Topping: Cool Whip-style cream adds flavor, bulk, and creaminess to the eggnog pie. Be sure to use the regular kind, not light, or the pie won't firm up as well.
- Milk: Use whole milk for the best results.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg is that classic eggnog flavor - add a little extra to the pie, and for dusting on top.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust: You can buy a 9-inch pie crust, or make your own homemade graham cracker crust.
- To serve, add a little whipped cream or Cool Whip, plus a little ground nutmeg.
See the recipe card for the full method and quantities.
If you're wondering how to make this Eggnog Pie recipe, don't worry, it's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Beat the base of the filling: Add the pudding mix, eggnog, milk, vanilla, and nutmeg to a mixing bowl and beat for 3 minutes.
Fold in the Cool Whip: Use a spatula to gently fold the whipped topping into the mixture.
Prep the pie: Pour the eggnog filling into the pie crust and spread it evenly to the edges.
Chill the pie: Place into the fridge to firm up for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
Serve the pie: To serve, top with a little whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Try making this pie with a different type of crust for a whole new flavor. Why not try Oreo Cookie Crust, Homemade Pastry Pie Crust, or Oatmeal Pie Crust.
- If you're making this eggnog pie for grown-ups, try adding a shot of bourbon, whiskey, or Southern Comfort. Bailey's is great too!
- Stir a little vanilla into your whipped cream topping for even more flavor.
For best results, use full fat eggnog, milk, and whipped topping. Light ingredients may not firm up enough.
Make sure that your frozen whipped topping is thawed before folding it into the eggnog pie filling.
You'll need vanilla instant pudding mix. Make sure it's instant, not the one that needs to be cooked!
You don't want to beat the whipped topping into the eggnog mixture, instead you'll need to gently fold it in. Be gentle, but ensure that it's all well mixed in without streaks.
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
- Mixing bowl
- 2 x (3.4 oz) boxes of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup eggnog (not fat-free)
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cool whip whipped topping (thawed)
- 9 inch (6 ounces) graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream
- Add the pudding mix, eggnog, milk, vanilla, and nutmeg to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer for 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the whipped topping into the mixture.
- Pour into the pie crust and spread evenly to the edges.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- To serve, top with a little whippled cream and a pinch of nutmeg.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
This just tastes like the holiday season. I always love an eggnog treat!
Love that this pie is no-bake. So easy and so good!