Elevate your snacks with this super easy Roasted Chili Lime Tajin Peanuts recipe! You only need 3 ingredients and 15 minutes for these bold and tasty nuts.
Take your snacking experience to the next level! With a burst of flavor and a hint of heat, you'll love these tasty Tajin Peanuts.
This simple yet sensational recipe combines the nutty goodness of peanuts with the zesty kick of chili-lime seasoning, resulting in a snack that's both addictive and satisfying.
In just a few easy steps, you can whip up a batch of these boldly flavored roasted Tajin Peanuts.
So, whether you're hosting a movie night, a casual get-together, or simply seeking a snack to curb those mid-afternoon cravings, you're going to love these spiced peanuts!
Why This Recipe Works
- Flavor Explosion: Buttery peanuts and zesty lime-chili Tajin seasoning creates a symphony of flavors that'll leave your taste buds craving more.
- Quick and Easy: With just a handful of ingredients and minimal prep time, this recipe is perfect for those moments when you need a quick snack fix.
- Customizable Heat: Adjust the amount of Tajin seasoning to suit your heat preference, making these peanuts perfect for both spice lovers and those who prefer a milder kick.
- Healthy Snacking: Peanuts are packed with protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients, making these Tajin Peanuts a guilt-free snacking option.
- Impressive Appetizer: Whether you're entertaining guests or enjoying a cozy night in, these spiced peanuts make for an impressive appetizer that'll earn you rave reviews.
- Unsalted Peanuts: These little powerhouses are not only a great source of protein but also provide healthy fats and essential nutrients. Plus, their natural nuttiness forms the perfect base for our flavor-packed snack. If you use salted peanuts, they will be too salty after adding Tajin, so definitely choose unsalted!
- Butter: Melted butter not only adds richness but also helps the Tajin seasoning adhere to the peanuts, ensuring each bite is bursting with flavor.
- Chili-Lime Seasoning (Tajin): This blend of chili powder, dehydrated lime juice, and salt adds a zesty tang and a touch of heat to the peanuts. It's the secret ingredient that takes this snack from ordinary to extraordinary. You can even make your own homemade Tajin seasoning.
See the recipe card for the full method and quantities.
What is Tajin?
Tajin is a popular Mexican seasoning blend that combines chili powder, dehydrated lime juice, and salt.
It adds a unique mix of tangy, spicy, and salty flavors to dishes, commonly used on fruits, vegetables, meats, and snacks for a zesty kick.
In the Tajin Peanuts recipe, it gives the nuts a vibrant and flavorful twist, making them a delicious and addictive snack.
If you're wondering how to make this tajin peanuts recipe, don't worry, it's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Melt the butter (in a microwave or on the stovetop), then stir in the chili-lime Tajin seasoning.
Add the peanuts to a medium bowl, then pour in the butter/Tajin mixture and toss to coat.
Spread the peanuts onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring halfway through.
If you want them crunchier, roast for a few more minutes, but check regularly so the seasoning doesn’t burn.
Allow the tajin peanuts to cool completely and serve or store.
Here are some fantastic ways to enjoy your Tajin Peanuts:
- Snack Attack: Serve these spiced peanuts as a standalone snack at parties, game nights, or movie marathons.
- Trail Mix Magic: Mix them with your favorite dried fruits, seeds, and dark chocolate chunks to create a satisfying and energizing trail mix.
- Salad Sprinkle: Add a handful of Tajin Peanuts to your salads for a delightful crunch and a burst of flavor.
While the classic Tajin Peanuts are already a hit, why not have some fun with variations? Here are a few ideas to inspire your creativity:
- Sweet and Spicy Twist: Add a drizzle of honey to the butter-Tajin mixture for a delightful balance of sweet and spicy flavors.
- Smokey Chipotle Peanuts: Replace Tajin with a chipotle-lime seasoning for a smokier, slightly fiery kick.
- Herb-Infused Nuts: Experiment with dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, or even a sprinkle of dried oregano to elevate the flavor profile.
- Coat Evenly: Make sure to toss the peanuts thoroughly in the butter-Tajin mixture to ensure each nut is coated with the flavorful goodness.
- Check While Roasting: Keep a watchful eye on the peanuts as they roast. Since ovens vary, you don't want the Tajin seasoning to burn.
- Customize Heat: Adjust the amount of Tajin seasoning according to your taste. If you're a heat seeker, feel free to be generous.
- Cool Completely: Let the peanuts cool completely before digging in or storing. This allows them to reach their optimal crunchiness.
While you can use salted peanuts, I recommend using unsalted ones so the finished snack isn't overly salty. Tajin already has salt in it.
Absolutely! Feel free to sprinkle some extra Tajin seasoning or a pinch of cayenne pepper if you're looking for an extra kick.
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
- Mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- 3 cups unsalted peanuts 400g/14 ounces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chili-lime seasoning (Tajin)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Melt the butter (in a microwave or on the stovetop), then stir in the chili-lime Tajin seasoning.
- Add the peanuts to a medium bowl, then pour in the butter/Tajin mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread the peanuts onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring halfway through.
- If you want them crunchier, roast for a few more minutes, but check regularly so the seasoning doesn’t burn.
- Allow the tajin peanuts to cool completely and serve or store.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.