You're going to love these easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges! I'll show you how to cook them to perfection - fluffy and tender inside, but crispy outside. They have a spicy, savory seasoning blend that you're going to love!
Air fryers are pretty amazing, right? I seriously use mine pretty much every day. They're economical to run, easy to clean and so darned handy!
The first thing I ever cooked in my air fryer was fries. I then progressed onto things like chicken drumsticks, vegetables and so much more.
But back to potatoes and I think I've pretty much perfected making air fryer potato wedges.
The trick is to part boil the potatoes first. Sure, it's an extra step, but it really does mean that they get perfectly crispy outside and tender inside.
The other option is to soak the potatoes in cold water for 25 minutes before patting them dry, tossing them in the seasoning and air fryer.
The choice is up to you and although you technically can air fryer potato wedges without part boiling or soaking them first, they're just not as good!
I love serving these wedges as a side dish for Salmon Patties, Buffalo Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings, or Dutch Oven Chili!
Why This Recipe Works
- Using the air fryer is faster than baking your wedges in the oven.
- The seasoning blend is spicy, savory and sooo delicious!
- Wedges are a great appetizer, party food or side dish.
- This is a family friendly, budget friendly recipe.
- Switch up the seasonings to suit your taste.
- Russet Potatoes: Russets work perfectly for wedges since they hold their shape when cooked.
- Olive oil: Use olive oil or your favorite cooking oil.
- Paprika: Use regular paprika or smoked if you prefer.
- Garlic powder: For a great flavor. Fresh garlic can burn, so powdered or granules are best.
- Onion powder: A tasty rich addition to the seasoning.
- Cayenne: Add extra spice with a dash of cayenne or chili powder.
- Salt and pepper: Season your wedges to your liking.
See the recipe card for the full method and quantities.
Prepping Potatoes for Wedges
- Wash your potatoes.
- You can peel them if you prefer, or leave the skin on.
- Cut a potato in half, then cut each half into wedges.
You'll need to then boil them for 5 minutes to part-cook them, or else you can add them to a bowl of iced water for 25 minutes.
TIP: Russets are best for wedges!
If you're wondering how to make this air fryer potato wedges recipe, don't worry, it's easy!
Just follow this step-by-step photo tutorial. Then scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and recipe method.
Wash the potatoes, peel them if desired, and cut them into wedges.
Place the potato wedges into a pan of salted boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, then drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Place them into a bowl.
Alternatively, instead of boiling the potatoes, you can place them into a bowl of iced water for 25 minutes.
For the seasoning, add the oil, spices, salt and pepper to a small bowl and mix.
Pour the seasoning mixture over the wedges and gently toss to combine.
Transfer the potato wedges to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Bake at 360F for 15 minutes or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Try making these with different types of potatoes. You can use baby potatoes halved or whole, or sweet potatoes.
- Switch up your seasonings! I love using cajun seasoning, Tajin, ancho chile seasoning, lemon pepper etc...
You've gotta serve up wedges with some dips, right? Here are some ideas!
Blue Cheese Dip
Store leftover air fryer potato wedges in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze them in a suitable container for up to 3 months.
Be sure to subscribe to my free Newsletter and follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more tasty recipes!
Spicy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Wash the potatoes, peel them if desired, and cut them into wedges.
- Place the potato wedges into a pan of salted boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, then drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Place them into a bowl.
- Alternatively, instead of boiling the potatoes, you can place them into a bowl of iced water for 25 minutes.
- For the seasoning, add the oil, spices, salt and pepper to a small bowl and mix.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the wedges and gently toss to combine.
- Transfer the potato wedges to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Bake at 360F for 15 minutes or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice.
Your Spicy Air Fryer Potato Wedges will be great for Super Bowl Sunday! Thank you for sharing!
These were so yummy and easy to make in the air fryer. I liked the little spicy kick that was just right.
These came out perfectly, and were so delicious. I loved the level of spice - I paired it with a chipotle aioli and they were amazing!
Ooooh, these potato wedges were so good. Fluffy and tender inside, but crispy outside. Yum!
I made these potato wedges with dinner last night and they were amazing! Definitely going on our regular rotation!